Name: John Hotard, Ph.D. - Applied Psychologist
CCC Role: Director
NY - Manhattan
Practice Locations: Office locations in Upper West Side and Midtown - Manhattan, with clients across USA and international.
Phone: () -
Career Assessment/Identifying 'Best Fit' Career
Job Search: Strategy/Networking/Interviewing
Re-entering the Workforce
Counseling Specialties: Finding work that you are passionate about may seem like a fantasy, especially in this economic environment. Yet my approach to career development is a time-proven process that advances your life forward, even during challenging times.
Whether you are looking for work, thinking of changing jobs, or feeling you are in the wrong industry entirely, you deserve a more fulfilling and satisfying career path.
You can immediately benefit from my decades of experience as both a psychologist and a career counselor at top universities (including NYU, Fordham, and Beijing International MBA), corporations and consulting firms. You can apply the same successful methods I use to help thousands of people advance their own careers (with companies such as ESPN, Goldman Sachs, Google, JP Morgan, Time Warner, and many others).
My career development process helps you articulate specific career goals and will give you step-by-step actions to transform your goals into reality. As I often say to my coaching clients, "The only time that allows for real action is the present moment. What are you waiting for ?"
As your demanding, yet supportive, career coach, I will keep you organized, focused and motivated to actualize your desired career changes. Any external (and internal) challenges can be managed as long as you know who you are and are clear about where you want to go, what you have to offer and why you want to get there.
I will assist you in creating a personalized, practical work/life plan that will enable you, at any age, to employ your strongest talents, skills and values in an environment of your choice. Remember, the career planning process is not about "finding" yourself but rather the more active and existential process of "creating" yourself.
You may already know the core values that motivate you and you may possess the necessary skills to move your career upwards. Now you need to translate what you know about yourself and what you have to offer the world, and potential employers. You need to project your strongest and most enjoyable talents and skills into your everyday career world of clients, managers and customers. People around you need to sense you not only talk the talk, but walk the walk too!
The services available to you include:
* An in-depth assessment of your unique personality, career interests, skills and values from a licensed, experienced psychologist who understands both your strengths and challenge areas, and who will help you bring out all the varied "parts" of your professional self into alignment.
* How to develop a personal and sustainable career plan that is connected with what the type of work/life balance you want to achieve: You can define career success on your own terms!
* How you can create a detailed and dynamic career search strategy, one that makes efficient use of your available time.
* How to create an effective online career profile that will get you noticed by future clients and employers.
* How to establish a networking and self- marketing plan that can turn a lackluster job search into a lifelong career-building launch pad, one that covers both face-to-face meetings and mastering social media to become a power-user.
* Well written and high impact resumes and cover letters that will get you results.
* How to relate your career "story" and work experience in the most effective manner possible, especially in job interviews.
* How to prepare and succeed at all types of interviews that you may face: behavioral, industry specific, opened-ended, case oriented and/or so called stress interviews.
* And finally how to handle effective salary negotiations so the final result is a win-win for you and the employer. You need to get fairly compensated and not leave anything on the table!
Counselor Profile: Experience and background includes:
Corporate Career Coaching In addition to my past full-time work as an executive coach in the career services management department at Citibank, NA, I work with clients from a diverse set of Fortune 500 firms, nonprofits and government agencies. A partial list includes: Adobe, AT&T, Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Cisco Systems, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), ESPN, Ford Foundation, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Kodak, KPMG, Macy's, Merck, Merrill Lynch, MET Life, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Novartis, NYU Medical Center, Ogilvy& Mather Worldwide, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Time-Warner, Google, US Agency for International Development, Whole Foods Market.
University Career Services Management Experience includes: Director of Career Services at NYU Stern Graduate School of Business; Director of Career Services at Fordham University, Graduate School of Business - Lincoln Center, as well as Manager of Career Counseling Services at Queens College and the Pratt institute.
Career Consultant Advise Deans, Directors and Career Counselors at such institutions as: Kenan-Flagler Business School UNC-Chapel Hill, Vlerick Leuven Ghent Management School - Belgium, Monterey Institute of International Studies, California and the Beijing International MBA (BiMBA) program- China. Was also a full-time, Senior Career Consultant at Lee Hecht Harrison International, New York.
PhD - New York University - Applied Counseling Psychology.
MA - Johns Hopkins University - Counseling Psychology.
New York State - Licensed psychologist
This listing has been viewed 60700times.